Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This is stupid!

So I got invited to an event called something like "Tell her she's beautiful" on Facebook.
Here's my beef.
The first line of the subject reads, It has come to my attention that as I grow older, girls get more and more self conscious of themselves. Whomever this person is lives in a sad sad world and maybe needs to see people through a different kind of looking-glass.

He then goes on to say, This hurts me, because every girl is beautiful in their own way. They all want to live up to standards that the media has set for them, like being paper thin or double Z breasts.

WRONG. Not ALL women want "double Z" breasts and to "live up to media's standards." Because of posts like this, ignorant boys and girls assume it is fact that all girls are incredibly insecure and need to be told a insincere "you're beautiful" to feel better about themselves.

Additionally, this person goes on to write, It really breaks my heart to see all of the girls to wallow around and hate who they are and think they aren’t worth something. I don't know about you, but not every girl whom I've met say they hate themselves and think they're worthless.

Reading this stupid "event" makes me want to punch this person in their baby-maker so that they may never make imbecile babies like themselves.



Just for your entertainment, here's the rest of the "event" content:

I’m making this event so everyone can tell anyone that they think is beautiful, that they are beautiful. Just tell them. They don’t hear it enough, and they want to hear it. Tell anyone; tell your friend, your mother, your sister, your cousin, your dog for all I care. Let’s show girls that we don’t care about the standards that they set for themselves and that we like them the way they are.

Let’s show every girl that they really are beautiful. So tell them, it’ll make their day.

Girls, you ARE beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Invite as many people as you can to this event :) spread the word and make this a big event!

It’ll be spanning from Thursday the 11th to Sunday the 14th (aka Valentine’s Day), so boys/ girls, this gives you time to work up the nerve for that special someone.

And if one feels so inclined, spread the love to the males too, because we can be insecure too!

Guys please do not fret too much about this, this event was inspired by my friends that don't think that they're enough. Hence why I dedicate this to females. But being a guy myself, I do understand how we can feel self conscious at times too. So yes this can be for males too, i never said it couldn't. It could be for anyone, even your pet rock for all I care, just spread the love. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This event is not created to force anyone to say "You're beautiful"; see it as a reminder.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way, so please keep negative comments to yourself. Please people, be mature. If you don't like the idea of this event too much, keep rude comments to yourself! Thanks :)

1 comment: