Thursday, January 27, 2011

Colonists.


What is the difference between colonists and evangelicals? I think they are very similar.

The most unfortunate part of this article, in my opinion, is Schmierer's quote.

“Naturally, I don’t want anyone killed, but I don’t feel I had anything to do with that,” said Mr. Schmierer, who added that in Uganda he had focused on parenting skills. He also said that he had been a target of threats himself, recently receiving more than 600 messages of hate mail related to his visit.

“I spoke to help people,” he said, “and I’m getting bludgeoned from one end to the other.”


Of course you had something to do with that. Directly? Of course not. But spreading hate into others does not lead to peace. Helping others, as Schmierer aimed to do, what was British colonists also aimed for in the 1800s. No?


And on this note...I just bought a new shirt! hooray.


1 comment:

  1. snaps, Susie! also those glasses are SO hipster & u know it.

    ReplyDelete