Sunday, October 17, 2010

What makes a champion

The other day at practice my coach made us go on a four-mile run for the first part of practice. I was exhausted when we got back. She gave us a minute to cool-down after the run and then told us to get on the line for sprints and strength training. I was pissed. People immediately vocalized their dissatisfaction with all the running. Her reply was, "You girls have to get in shape so you can start kicking some ass!" Upon this statement I began to fume even more, as we are an undefeated team and have already been "kicking ass."

While doing crunches during said sprints and strength training, I realized something. Champions aren't champions because they do what it takes to get by and beat their opponents. Champions are who they are because they go above and beyond their competition...so they can reallllly kick the opposing team's ass.


Winners don't quit and quitters never win. My quote for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment