Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ironic? I'm not sure how to classify it...

One of my friends posted this quote as her status on Facebook tonight.

I love the quote.


However, I find the words and the picture of the girl at the bottom to be a little off-putting.

First of all, her picture is of her in her underwear, no face. If there's something that screams, "I want to be treated as an equal!" it's probably making your profile picture a photo of you practically naked and chiseled.
Second, she makes a good point in saying that being a feminist is believing in equality, not that women are superior. It's a common misconception that the definition of the word, "feminist," is believing in women being the superior sex. Probably because of girls who say "I strongly encourage radical feminism."

No comments:

Post a Comment